Protected Health Information
When you set up an account with MOMO, you are creating a direct customer relationship with MOMO that enables you to access and/or utilize the various functions of the Platform and the Service as a user. As part of that relationship, you provide information to MOMO, including but not limited to, your name, email address, shipping address, phone number and certain transactional information, that we do not consider to be “protected health information” or “medical information”.
The Medical Groups and Providers have adopted a Notice of Privacy Practices that describes how they use and disclose Protected Information. By accessing or using any part of the Service, you are acknowledging receipt of the Notice of Privacy Practices from your Medical Group and Provider(s).
Collection of Information
We collect any information you provide when you use the Service, including, but not limited to:
- Personally identifying information such as your name and contact data such as your e-mail address, phone number, and billing and physical addresses
- Your login and password and other account (” Account“) registration details
- Demographic data (such as your gender, date of birth and zip code)
- Computer, mobile device and/or browser information (e.g., IP address, mobile device ID information, operating system, connection speed, bandwidth, browser type, referring/exist web pages, web page requests, cookie information, hardware attributes, software attributes)
- Third-party website, network, platform, server and/or application information (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Usage activity concerning your interactions with the Service and/or third-party websites, networks or applications accessed through the Service (e.g., viewing habits, viewing preferences, viewing history, number of clicks on a page or feature, amount of time spent on a page or feature, identify of third-party websites, networks, etc.)
- Billing, payment and shipping information
- Electronic signature
- Photographic or video images submitted for identification or non-diagnosis or treatment purposes
- Information about third parties that you refer to us (e.g., name, email, and/or other contact information, relationship)
- Statements or content (e.g., comments, videos, photographs, images) and information about such statements or content, which you submit or publish on or through the Service or which are accessed via your public or linked social media pages (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Any other information you provide when you contact or communicate with us
If you use your mobile device to visit, access or use the Service, then additional categories of information that we collect may include
- Your name associated with your mobile device
- Your telephone number associated with your mobile device
- Your geolocation
- Your mobile device ID information
- With your express consent, your contacts and/or contact information (e.g., names, telephone numbers, physical addresses, email addresses, photos) stored on your mobile device
- With your express consent, information about third-party software applications on your mobile device (including, without limitation, general software apps, downloadable software apps, social media apps)
We also collect certain medical information on behalf of the Medical Groups and your Providers, which may include, but is not limited to:
- Health and medical data you submit for diagnosis or treatment purposes, including information in any questionnaires or surveys you complete for these purposes
- Previous doctors or other healthcare providers you visited
- Date of visit
- Images or videos you share for diagnosis or treatment purposes
- Communications with Providers
How Information Is Collected
MOMO might collect personal and non-personal information directly from you when you visit, access or use the Service; when you register with or subscribe to the Service or any products or services available through the Service; when you “sign in,” “log in,” or the like to the Service; when you allow the Service to access, upload, download, import or export content found on or through, or to otherwise interact with, your computer or mobile device (or any other device you may use to visit, access or use the Service) or online accounts with third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers or applications (e.g., your online social media accounts, your cloud drives and servers, your mobile device service provider); or whenever MOMO asks you for such information, such as, for example, when you process a payment through the Service, or when you answer an online survey or questionnaire. In addition, if you or a third party sends MOMO a comment, message or other communication (such as, by way of example only, email, letter, fax, phone call, or voice message) about you or your activities on or through the Site and/or the App, then MOMO may collect any personal or non-personal information provided therein or therewith.
In addition to the information we collect directly from you, we may also collect certain information from the Medical Group and/or Providers who provide treatment or other services to you in connection with our Service. This information may include, but is not limited to, diagnoses, treatment plans (including prescription details) and notes, and is accessible and visible through certain components of the Service.
We may also receive information from third parties that pay for your care or provide you with treatment, laboratory care or prescription medication, which may include, for example, your prescription history, insurance policy, insurance eligibility and coverage, and laboratory test results.
Finally, MOMO might use various tracking, data aggregation and/or data analysis technologies, including, for example, the following:
- Cookies, which are small data files (e.g., text files) stored on the browser or device you use to view a website or message. They may help store user preferences and activity and may allow a website to recognize a particular browser or device. There are several types of cookies, including, for example, browser cookies, session cookies, and persistent cookies. Cookies may record information you access on one page of a website to simplify subsequent interaction with that website, or to help streamline your transactions on related pages of that website. Most major browsers are set up so that they will initially accept cookies, but you might be able to adjust your browser’s or device’s preferences to issue you an alert when a cookie is downloaded, or to block, reject, disable, delete or manage the use of some or all cookies on your browser or device. Cookies can be set by the website owner (i.e., us), or they can be set by third parties (e.g., Facebook, Google, etc.) Cookies are used to help us speed up your future activities or to improve your experience by remembering the information that you have already provided to us. Third party cookies may also be used to enable analytics (e.g. Google Analytics) or advertising functionality (e.g., ad re-targeting on third-party websites) that enables more customized services and advertising by tracking your interaction with our Service and collecting information about how you use the Service.
- Flash cookies, which are cookies written using Adobe Flash, and which may be permanently stored on your device. Like regular cookies, Flash cookies may help store user preferences and activity, and may allow a website to recognize a particular browser or device. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings that are used for regular cookies.
- Web beacons, which are pieces of code embedded in a website or email to monitor your activity on the website or your opening of the email, and which can pass along information such as the IP address of the computer or device you use to view the website or open the email, the URL page on which the web beacon is located, the type of browser that was used to access the website, and previously set cookie values. Web beacons are sometimes used to collect advertising data, such as counting page views, promotion views or advertising responses. Disabling your computer’s, device’s or browser’s cookies may prevent some web beacons from tracking or recording certain information about your activities.
- Scripts, which are pieces of code embedded in a website to define how the website behaves in response to certain key or click requests sent by the user. Scripts are sometimes used to collect information about the user’s interactions with the website, such as the links the user clicks on. Scripts are often times temporarily downloaded to the user’s computer or device from the website server, active only while the user is connected to the Site and/or the App, and deactivated or deleted when the user disconnects from the website.
- Analytic tools and services, which are sometimes offered by third parties, and which track, measure and/or generate information about a website’s or program’s traffic, sales, audience and similar information, and which may be used for various reasons, such as, for example, statistical research, marketing research, and content ratings research, and conversion tracking. Examples of the analytic tools and services which MOMO might use include Google Analytics and Taplytics. MOMO may also use other third-party analytic tools and services.
Please be advised that if you choose to block, reject, disable, delete or change the management settings for any or all of the aforementioned technologies and/or other tracking, data aggregation and data analysis technologies, then certain areas of the Platform might not function properly.
By visiting, accessing or using the Service, you acknowledge and agree in each instance that you are giving MOMO permission to monitor or otherwise track your activities on the Service, and that MOMO may use the aforementioned technologies and/or other tracking, data aggregation and data analysis technologies. Notwithstanding the foregoing, MOMO does not permit third parties or third-party cookies to access to any communications you have with the Providers, or medical information that you submit to the Providers for diagnosis and treatment purposes.
Use of Information
In connection with providing the Service, we and our affiliates and service providers may use your information, subject to the limitations addressed in the Protected Health Information Section above, for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to:
- Verifying your identity;
- Confirming your location;
- Administering your account;
- Fulfilling your requests;
- Processing your payments;
- Facilitating your movement through Service;
- Facilitating your use of the Service and/or products or services offered through the Service;
- Communicating with you by letter, email, text, telephone or other forms of communication;
- Providing you with information about MOMO, the Pharmacies, the Medical Groups, the Providers and/or their businesses, products and services by letter, email, text, telephone or other forms of communication;
- Providing you with customer support;
- Providing you with information about third-party businesses, products and services by letter, email, text, telephone or other forms of communication;
- Developing, testing or improving the Service and content, features and/or products or services offered via the Service;
- Identifying or creating new products, services, marketing and/or promotions for MOMO or the Service;
- Promoting and marketing MOMO, the Service, and the products and/or services offered via the Service;
- Improving user experiences with the Service;
- Analyzing traffic to and through Service;
- Analyzing user behavior and activity on or through the Service;
- Conducting research and measurement activities for purposes of product and service research and development, advertising claim substantiation, market research, and other activities related to MOMO, the Service or products and services offered via the Service;
- Monitoring the activities of you and others on or through the Service;
- Placing and tracking orders for products or services on your behalf;
- Protecting or enforcing MOMO’ rights and properties;
- Protecting or enforcing the rights and properties of others (which may include you);
- When required by applicable law, court order or other governmental authority (including, without limitation and by way of example only, in response to a subpoena or other legal process); or
- MOMO believes in good faith that such use is otherwise necessary or advisable (including, without limitation and by way of example only, to investigate, prevent, or take legal action against someone who may be causing injury to, interfering with, or threatening the rights, obligations or properties of MOMO, a user of the Service, which may include you, or anyone else who may be harmed by such activities or to further MOMO’ legitimate business interests).
We may de-identify your information and use, create and sell such de-identified information, or any business or other purpose not prohibited by applicable law.
Disclosure of Information
Subject to the limitations described in the Protected Health Information section above, we may disclose your information to third parties in connection with the provision of our Service or as otherwise permitted or required by law. For example, we may disclose your information to:
- Our third-party and service providers (collectively “vendors”) that provide services to enable us to provide the Service, such as the hosting of the Service, data analysis, IT services and infrastructure, customer service, e-mail delivery, and other similar services;
- Our vendors that provide services to enable us to run our business and administrative operations, such as legal and financial advisory services, auditing services, analytics and similar services;
- Our vendors that provide services to enable us to promote and advertise the Service and the products and/or services offered via the Service, such as ad platforms or ad-retargeting services, as well as comply with contact removal requests or requirements, such as mailing list removal services, do not call registries, and similar services;
- The Pharmacies, Medical Group or its Providers to enable them to provide services to you via the Service and to collect payment on their behalf;
- Vendors as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws; and
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, liquidation or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock with such third party.
We may de-identify your information and disclose such de-identified information for any purpose not prohibited by applicable law.
MOMO may retain your information for as long as it believes necessary; as long as necessary to comply with its legal obligations, resolve disputes and/or enforce its agreements; and/or as long as needed to provide you with the products and/or services of the Service or MOMO. MOMO may dispose of or delete any such information at any time, except as set forth in any other agreement or document executed by MOMO or as required by law.
Similarly, the Medical Groups and Providers may retain your information for as long as they believe necessary; as long as necessary to comply with their respective legal obligations, resolve disputes and/or enforce its agreements; and/or as long as needed to provide you with the products and/or services of the Medical Groups and Providers. The Medical Groups and Providers may dispose of or delete any such information at any time, except as set forth in any other agreement or document executed by the Medical Groups or Providers or as required by law.
In connection with any transaction that you conduct through the Service (e.g., the purchase or sale of any products or services on or through the Service), you may be asked to supply certain information relevant to the transaction, including, without limitation, your credit card number and expiration date, your billing address, your shipping address, your phone number and/or your email address. By submitting such information, you grant MOMO without charge the irrevocable, unencumbered, universe-wide and perpetual right to provide such information to third parties (e.g., payment processing companies, buyers on the Service, sellers on the Service) for the purpose of facilitating the transaction.
We strive to use reasonable physical, technical and administrative measures to protect information under our control. However, you must keep your Account password secure and your Account confidential, and you are responsible for any and all use of your Account. If you have reason to believe that the security of your Account has been compromised, please notify us immediately in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.